Notice the centered horizontal navigation - that's not doable with Google Sites, only left orientation. There's a nice color scheme here. A three column followed by a four column format towards the bottom with little icons. The image hugging the bottom of the brown header is a nice effect. Let's see how I did below.
Here's what I did to make it:
- Background and Title are together one graphic, uploaded to background wrapper, aligned top-center. Made with GIMP of a desaturated pattern and inverted pattern over brown and toggled for opacity. The text is the Lobster font with light gradient from top to bottom of text and a focused drop-shadow.
- Navigation is a unique html color hex code set in content text color and link color.
- Subtitle text is yellow image of text over alpha-layer (transparent).
- Three column complex page layout.
- Content footer is the image cropped out to exact pixel height to be flush with end of brown background, it's a .png file with no saved background color and use of opacity toggle on layers.
- Content footer is manual spaced out with inserted icon images with deleted divide html.