This post is a little belated, but nonetheless important. The updated Google Sites roadmap presented on the G Suite Updates blog presents 5 items we need to discuss. Let's dive in.
1. Classic Google Sites will go down - This action is slated for late 2021.
2. Enterprise Features coming soon - The slow pace of Google Sites upgrades and feature roll-outs has been a concern. However, all your old favorites and some new plug-ins will likely come our way. The Table of Contents gadget has already been rolled out as promised.
3. More Design Control - A big complaint was the simplicity of New Sites. This is being addressed and fine-tuning your Google Sites theme will be forthcoming.
4. Better Back End Support - The infrastructure to build large intranets is being improved, edit and publishing help, including back up support.
5. It's Time to Get Started - Get a jump on your project now. Become familiar with New Google Sites and start migrating the smaller team sites now.